The unsoundness of wind cover must be added to an existing All Risks of Mortality Policy and has to have incepted the previous winter between mid November and the 31st of January.
This policy protects the owner of a yearling against unsoundness of winding 2 ways:
- The yearling is said by the wind panel – at a recognised bloodstock sale – to have failed the company’s conditions of sales as they apply to wind (i.e. fail the wind test). In the event of a claim, the limit of liability is either the fall of hammer price at public auction or the sum insured, whichever is the lower.
- There is a pre-sale wind claim, whereby a recognised veterinary surgeon confirms that the yearling is unsound of wind, as per the condition of sale from the respective bloodstock sales company. In the event of a claim, the limit of liability is either the sum insured or the market value, whichever is the lower.
This insurance policy is subject to the following conditions:
- Satisfactory declaration of health or veterinary certificate
- Satisfactory wind proposal form
- 100% of the horse has to be insured
Wordings & Forms
|Wind Proposal Form||Download here|
|Mortality Wordings||Download here|
|Wind Wordings||Download here|
|Declaration of Health||Download here|
|Veterinary Certificate||Download here|
Send an online request or give us a call on 01638 669 930 and someone from our team will assist you