Mare barrenness insurance
The mare barrenness insurance covers the owner of a mare from before the first time a mare is serviced through to a mare being in foal and carrying the foal to full term – either 1 October in the Northern Hemisphere or an agreed date after foaling.
The mare barrenness insurance cover is subject to the following conditions:
- That the mare is sound and considered fit to be covered and carry the foal full term
- That, prior to the inception of the policy, the mare has not already been covered for that season
- That the mare be covered for a minimum of three oestral periods – excluding foal oestrus
- That multiple pregnancy be pinched or flushed and the insurers be notified within five days of detection
- That the insurers be notified of the stallion covering dates